Living the Austin Lifestyle
One of U.S. News’ Best Places to Live, 2009, and MSN’s Greenest City in American, 2009,Austin, Texas, offers a unique blend of outdoor enthusiasm, creativity, high-tech savvy and entrepreneurial spirit. The Worldwide Employee Relocation Council and Primacy Relocation, LLC have also ranked Austin first in the country’s best large markets for relocating families.
With more than 757,000 residents, Austin is home to the bustling state Capitol, acclaimed University of Texas (and top-ranked Longhorns) and leading companies including Dell, Freescale, GSD&M and Whole Foods Market. Austin’s warm climate provides plenty of sunshine and green spaces for outdoor recreation with Lady Bird Lake, Barton Springs, Zilker Park and Lake Travis topping the list. Austin features year-round art, food and music festivals, including the world-renowned Austin City Limits and South by Southwest music festivals.
Austin also offers a delicious array of dining choices including plenty of savory barbecue, as well as boutique and name brand shopping, and easy access to the gorgeous Texas Hill Country with it’s popular wineries and inviting lakes.
Austin is ideally located in the heart of central Texas within three hours of Houston and Dallas and about 90 minutes from San Antonio.
- #4 on Kiplinger’s Best Places to Live Work and Play
- #2 on Inc.com’s Best City to do Business
- #2 on CNN Money’s Top 10 Best Big Cities in the Country
- #1 on Forbes.com’s America’s Fastest Growing Metros
- #1 on Entrepreneur.com’s Best Places to Buy a House
- #1 on Forbes.com’s Best City for Jobs in 2008
- #6 on Realtor.org’s >Top 10 Most Promising Housing Markets
- #1 in Cityguide’s America’s Greenest City
- #1 on Forbes.com’s America’s Best Bang for the Buck Cities
- #2 on Realtor.org’s Top 10 Cities to Buy a Home